1. Holidays
Like always in the past (but maybe not so much in the future) we visited both sides of the family for Christmas and New Years. 3 flights with a toddler. . . not enjoyable. We reminisced about the days when we could take a nice nap on a plane. . . or maybe read a book or listen to music. Now it's a full contact sport as we wrangle a very active toddler. He was good. . . but did not like having to sit on our laps for 2 - 3 hours. He napped on each flight but not for the duration.
But, we love seeing our family. We had a white Christmas in St. Louis and a white New Year's in Utah. Our families were way too generous to and helpful with Ryan. I just wish we all lived closer.
2. The House
I LOVE my house. We closed Dec 1 and then painted and refloored it. Ok, we didn't really do that, but we paid someone to do that for us. Yay for a nest egg (and boo for its depletion.) Maybe in a couple years we will have it furnished and decorated how we (err, I) want it. It's a house that we plan on staying in forever. . .ok maybe not that long but I want my kids to grow up here. I spend a lot of time planning all my home projects and future purchases.
Here are a few pictures of the house BEFORE we moved in, painted and refloored.
Soon I'll show you my recent projects: painting my kitchen table and chairs red and making an upholstered headboard. That'll have to wait though.
I have to plans to paint a rug, paint a chalkboard wall, paint my bedroom dresser glossy black, and do other various home decorating projects. This is so much fun.
3. And the most important reason I've been a blog slacker is because of a little boy who is everywhere now. . . and we love it.
He walks, he runs, he climbs up the ladder on our outdoor play set. He is everywhere all the time. He is also dealing with some separation anxiety issues which make the gym childcare and church nursery quite stressful. He's getting better. But he wants to be around us all the time. Can't say I blame him. We are pretty cool parents.
4. And in the other category: my blasted thesis that I HAVE to finish this semester, couponing which I am all gung-ho about right now, and being an overall domestic goddess (naturally).
So that's basically it. Please forgive my sporadic postings. I'm a little busy. . .

4 comments:
u forgot to put up pics of me in houston.... saddd... jk its ok i forgive u. but where are those pics?
I love that your blogging again. And I love that little boy of yours. Can't wait to squish his little cheeks in April.
I'll say. Wow! Love your new house... what is that like? Knowing you'll be someplace for the duration?? I agree, new house projects are so fun. Take forever... but very fun.
Oooo I LOVE your new flooring! So jealous! Ryan is adorable, and I totally sympathize with trying to keep up with a crazy toddler. Glad for the updates!
Post a Comment