
So, my dog died last week. Her name was Belle, she was the family dog and we had her for a long time. I remember the Christmas we got her and she was sitting under the tree like a stuffed animal. We didn't know she was real until she started moving. I think the dogs you grow up with are the hardest to let go. Fortunately, she died in her sleep and we didn't have to make any hard decisions about when to end her life. She was old and winding down quickly. She had a lot of health problems and had a hard time keeping up with the younger, smaller yippy dog my parents now have. She was great and I hope that someday we can hang out together again.
Jon's dog is alive and well. I love this picture I took of them when we went out to Portland a month or so ago. Buster wouldn't stop moving long enough to take a picture and Jon couldn't stop moving either. Kinda funny that the dog couldn't stop moving since he pretty much lays inside or out all day long. Gone are his days chasing chickens (although if one came along, I'm sure he would at least try!).
Now I want a dog. . .Jon? . . . please?
No comments:
Post a Comment