Sunday, August 26, 2007

New York Minute

Hey! I just got back from a week long trip with my Mom to New York City. And since Carter has been bugging me to update our blog, well, here is a good excuse. I think we walked through every shopping district there is in New York. I was told by my mom that we were not there to sight-see, but to shop. Ok then. I can handle that! We did find time to do a little sightseeing though.

We took every mode of transportation that NYC has to offer: taxi, subway, boat, horse-drawn carriage and pedicab (the guys on bikes pulling little seat/trailers behind them). My favorite was the pedicab, mostly because I could understand the driver and he was talkative! We did a Circle Line boat tour around the whole island, a carriage ride in Central Park, and a tv/movie sights bus tour. The second picture is the Cosby House- if you recognize it through all the trees. Jon did. He was pretty excited for us!

We also saw 4 shows. I know. Crazy! But we don't get out much! :) Drowsy Chaperone, The Color Purple, Wicked and Legally Blonde. My favorite is a toss-up between Wicked and Legally Blonde. You may laugh, but I love chick flicks, and one step above a chick flick is a chick flick made into a musical. I will have to share the soundtrack with you sometime- I plan on downloading it on ITunes tonight.

Oh, and I think the highlight of my mom's trip was seeing Rupert G. in the Hello Deli from The Letterman Show. I made her buy a water from him before she took a picture with him, but the picture with him is so atrociuos, that I can't post it here. Mom would kill me. (I'll email it to you! :) Just Kidding Mom!)

All in all a great trip. Til next time. . .

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Carter said...

Woohoo! An update! I want to see the pic of mom and Rupert G.

Kristan said...

What a pleasant surprise - and update :) It was good to see you last week. I'm glad you had such a good time. It seems to be unanimous with everyone who's seen it - I'll have to check out Legally Blonde.

Amanda said...

Yay for New York! I'm glad to hear you guys had so much fun :) Is there anything you didn't do? Goodness. Tell your cute husband good job on the cleaning & Sunday night dinner :) Hope to hear more soon!
xoxo Amanda

Amanda Wilson said...

Yeah! I am also very glad that you updated your blog. I have been wondering what you were up to and now I know. What a fun trip! I wish that I could have gone. I am jealous that you got to see Wicked and Legally Blonde. I want to see those so bad! I think your next trip should be to Des Moines. I am sure they have good shows here too...for sure they have good corn.

Anonymous said...

NYC to shop - sounds right on the money!

My cousin is there right now as an intern with a fashion company. I would LOVE to go visit here and take it all in...

Weren't we toying with the idea of taking in NYC all of us???