Saturday, December 08, 2007

Shuffle Your iPod

So, in efforts to procrastinate writing a final paper for class, I decided to start a little game with y'all. (oh, and Jon informed me the other day that he has now started saying y'all. We have to move to Texas now!)

Put your iPod on Shuffle and write down the first 5 songs that come up. No cheating and skipping songs that you are secretly embarrassed you listen to. I didn't. . .

1. Until the End of the World, U2, Achtung Baby
2. Kiss for a Rose, Seal, Batman Forever Soundtrack
3. The First to Let Go, SHeDAISY, Knock on the Sky
4. I Would Walk 500 Miles, The Proclaimers, Mix 4
5. The Winner Takes It All, Mamma Mia, Michael Ball, Center Stage

So, for an added bonus, guess which songs came from my collection and which are from Jon's. It might surprise you (or not). And, this list makes us look like we have no knowledge of music past the late 90s. I swear we have more updated stuff. Other shuffles would make us look a lot cooler. I promise.

Post your 5 songs in the comments and we will make fun of your accordingly. Or ask to borrow your CDs. Either one.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Footloose- Kenny Loggins
2) Dream- Pricilla Ahn
3) Hanging By a Moment- Lifehouse
4) Stupid Boy- Keith Urban
5) Waiting on The World To Change- John Mayer

Carter said...

1. "Mayfield" Augustana
2. "The Power of Love" Celine Dion. . . I swear I don't know how that got on my ipod.
3. "Stand in the Light" EFY. . .I need to clean out my ipod.
4. "Peace" Weezer
5. "Kalashnikov" Goran Bregovic

Leandra said...

1. "Caught Up In You"-- Convoy
2. "In The Rough" -- Anna Nalick
3. "Stand Here With Me"-- Creed
4. "One Thing Left to Do"-- Del Amitri
5. "Away from the Sun"-- Three Doors Down

Chris said...

my iPod got stolen. way to rub it in. I shuffled my iTunes so I could play along, but all I have on my iTunes is a Chuck Berry anthology and My Chemical Romance, so when I shuffled I got 5 Chuck Berry songs in a row.

Amanda said...

1. My Favorite Mistake (Sheryl Crow)
2. Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Title of This Song (Fall Out Boy)
3. Stay Gone (Jimmy Wayne)
4. Pachelbel 'Canon' (Alan Silvestri, Father of the Bride Soundtrack)
5. This Every Day Love (Rascal Flatts)


Wow... I got lucky... That was not nearly as embarrassing as I was expecting because honestly, I've got some random stuff on my ipod... but who has time to go through and delete things that haven't been listened to since the day they were downloaded?

I like this game! Lauren, if you don't mind I'm going to steal it to play with my fam... I promise to give you credit for it though :)

The Maddens said...

Walk 500 miles. That has to been Jons. So it can remind him of our youth dances. There wasn't one dance that went by without that song being played. Every time I hear that song I think of all the dumb dances we made up to keep ourselves entertained.

Allison Stromberg said...

1. Keith Urban- Somebody like you
2. The Sounds- Night After Night
3. Mason Jennings- Living in the moment
4. Michael Buble- Put your head on my shoulder
5. Hidden in plain view- bleed for you

Allison Stromberg said...

1. Keith Urban- Somebody like you
2. The Sounds- Night After Night
3. Mason Jennings- Living in the moment
4. Michael Buble- Put your head on my shoulder
5. Hidden in plain view- bleed for you

Anonymous said...

Barb!

Dave, you are spot on with your guess.

Jon

Jen said...

1) Hannah Montana
2) High School Musica
3) Hannah Montana
4) High School Musical
5) Hannah Montana

yes... i am fully aware of what a dork I am

Haley said...

Rob and I are totally into books on tape (great for roadies and such) so mine isn't all technically music.

1. A chapter from Consent to Kill--Vince Flynn (we love all his books)
2. A chapter from The Count of Monte Cristo--Alexander Dumas(my favorite book in the world)
3. Glass Onion--The Beatles
4. Miss Independent--Kelly Clarkson
5. A chapter from Confessions of an Economic Hitman--John Perkins (Okay book--I never finished it but I liked most of what I did listen to)

P.S. Yes, we finally checked your blog from your Christmas card! Love getting the updates!

Kohli and JP said...

Okay, here it goes,
Kohli:
1."sweet sweet baby" Michelle Featherstone
2."high on a mountain top" Loretta Lynn
3."the king's weed" !!! chick chick chick
4."look what they've done to my song" Ray Charles
5."les enfants perdus" Various, the truth about charlie soundtrack

J.P.:
1."hellelujah" Jeff Buckley
2."keep em close" DJ Shadow
3."the air near my fingers" The White Stripes
4."i shall not be moved" Johnny Cash
5."wichita lineman" Johnny Cash.

Anonymous said...

Tim says that #1, 2, 4 are Jon's. Let's see if this is really the case...

Sarah's iTunes list:
1. Rihanna - Lemme Get That, Good Girl Gone Bad
2. We're Not Right - David Gray, White Ladder
3. River - Sarah McLachlan, Wintersong
4. When I Look In Your Eyes - Diana Krall, When I Look In Your Eyes
5. Somewhere Only We Know - Keane, Hopes and Fears

Tim will have to let you know his!
(PS: I cheated a little bit... it was on the "recently added" arena first, and I had to get back into the main area halfway through)