Strawberry Shortcake has been reinvented to make her more modern. What? Bloomers and a puffy hat wasn't modern in the 80's... why reinvent her now?! You can read more about this atrocity here. Let's discuss.
11 comments:
Anonymous
said...
an argyle shirt? that does not go well with polka dots. i like the old hairstyle better too!
I read the article and feel there is a problem with their logic. They think parental nostalgia will make them buy the "updated" characters, but I think we're more likely to have issues with them. For instance, Bugs Bunny with a mohawk? Now that's just weird. And we like Strawberry Shortcake because she isn't the prettiest girl on the block. What's wrong with looking like a little girl? That's what I want to know.
Jon, they have a "new and improved" Teddy Ruxpin as well. He wears a backpack so you don't have to open his back to put tapes in. He's a little creepy.
Amen to what Paige said: what the heck is wrong with looking like a little girl!? If you turn on the Disney channel girls that are supposed to be 12 and 13 look 16 and 17 because they are wearing excessive amounts of make-up and their hair is perfectly primped in some froofy up-do. I much prefer the vintage/80s look of the old SCC. The new one looks like one of those obnoxious "Bratz" dolls. YUCK.
I'm so glad you brought this to my attention, and it makes me so sad to see that even innocent little Strawberry Shortcake has gotten a sexier image. I blame the Bratz dolls. I hate those things!
Jon and I were married Dec. 27, 2003 and have now been married 7 years. We moved to Houston, Texas from McLean, Va. in July 2010. We welcomed the newest member to our team, Ryan Harris Funk, on July 30, 2009.
11 comments:
an argyle shirt? that does not go well with polka dots. i like the old hairstyle better too!
This is not okay.
I was just thinking about how much I loved SSC the other day and now they have RUINED her.
My hypothetical childern will never be allowed to play with the new dolls.
I read the article and feel there is a problem with their logic. They think parental nostalgia will make them buy the "updated" characters, but I think we're more likely to have issues with them. For instance, Bugs Bunny with a mohawk? Now that's just weird. And we like Strawberry Shortcake because she isn't the prettiest girl on the block. What's wrong with looking like a little girl? That's what I want to know.
Let's be honest here... who has PINK hair?!?!!? I think that is past modern.
I mean, I know red hair is rare.... but pink?
I like the "old" Strawberry Shortcake better... but maybe I am biased.
Being a guy, I decline the invitation to comment on the recreation of a doll . . . unless it is My Buddy or Teddy Ruxpin.
It makes me sad. My girls love the new Strawberry Shortcake and will never get the chance to experience the real deal. Now I will go and cry.
Jon, they have a "new and improved" Teddy Ruxpin as well. He wears a backpack so you don't have to open his back to put tapes in. He's a little creepy.
Just as long as she still smells like strawberries you can dress her up in whatever you want.
Amen to what Paige said: what the heck is wrong with looking like a little girl!? If you turn on the Disney channel girls that are supposed to be 12 and 13 look 16 and 17 because they are wearing excessive amounts of make-up and their hair is perfectly primped in some froofy up-do.
I much prefer the vintage/80s look of the old SCC. The new one looks like one of those obnoxious "Bratz" dolls. YUCK.
Wow - I think the old SSC looks much more innocent than the new one. We need more innocence in society now. I am disappointed at this makeover.
I'm so glad you brought this to my attention, and it makes me so sad to see that even innocent little Strawberry Shortcake has gotten a sexier image. I blame the Bratz dolls. I hate those things!
Post a Comment