We had a rude awakening on Wednesday morning. I had taken off work on Wed. so I could prepare for youth conference (see below) and do some homework (didn't happen). Jon walked to the bus stop so I didn't leave the house until 7:30 to go to an appointment. I went down to the car in the parking garage and a few things were off. First, before I unlocked the car, I noticed someone else's sunglasses in the car. I did a double take to make sure it was our car, and indeed it was. Then, I went to unlock the car and noticed it was already unlocked. Uh oh. Not good.
I glanced around the car and everything seemed to be fine. But then I went to check on the GPS that we stow in the compartment in between the driver and passenger seat. It wasn't there. What?! Someone had broken into our car and stolen our GPS. There was no way they would have known we have a GPS until they got in the car because we don't even keep the mount on the dash. So, GPS is gone and I have some random person's sunglasses.
I called the police who told me a couple of other people in my complex had reported the same thing. Someone was just unlocking people's cars without any visible damage and stealing GPS units. So now we are on the hunt for a new GPS.
It was really bad timing too (if there is ever good timing for theft). I had to drive people around for youth conference and got lost because I was relying on stupid google map directions. So, learn from our mistakes and don't leave any valuable in your car, even if it's hidden away.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We just got a GPS and keep it in the compartment between our seats.
Come steal ours.
The Stromberg Car Curse. Who is even left??? Anyone?
We miss you!
xoxo
We got our radio/cd player ripped out of our dash board last year. I felt so violated. Seriously, what is it about somebody breaking into your stuff that makes you feel all creeped out?!
Sorry about your GPS :(
Oh shoot! That's no good. I guess thieves are clever in knowing where to look for the goods. I thought the story was going to go towards the "oops, it was someone else's car!" type story. Good luck finding a new GPS. Google maps just doesn't cut it once you've lived the higher law :)
Post a Comment