Monday, November 10, 2008

Who Needs Tivo?

All of the tv shows that Jon and I watch (either together or separately) are available for viewing online. Sure we can't keep them forever, but we also don't pay for cable or tivo and are perfectly content watching whatever shows we want whenever we want them.

Now, I know you are asking, what do the Funks watch anyway? In no particular order:

1. The Office
2. Lost (when it comes back in Jan.)
3. Chuck (mostly Jon, I usually fall asleep)
4. Eli Stone (see above)
5. Gossip Girl (all me)
6. 90210 (see above)
7. Lipstick Jungle (see above)
8. Desparate Housewives (see above)
9. Private Practice (see above)
10. Ugly Betty (see above)
11. Samantha Who? (see above)
10. Heroes (although I fall asleep for the last 15 minutes. . . always)
11. The Amazing Race
12. Pushing Daisies
13. How I Met Your Mother

Oh. My. Goodness. A few observations:

1. I should buy stock in ABC.
2. I watch nothing on Fox.
3. I watch way more TV than Jon.
4. I feel perfectly justified in not needing to pay for cable. I do well with what I have,
5. This might be why I feel so busy all the time. . .
6. It's a good thing I usually watch these all on my laptop on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. Because if I devoted every weeknight to watching all of these shows when they are actually on I would be a touch more lame than I actually am.
7. My baby sister Morgan crafts. I watch TV. That is my contribution to society.

Is anyone else this tv-obsessed?

15 comments:

Amander said...

This post was really funny. Good call on not buying cable. If I weren't living at home, I wouldn't buy it either. I can watch online or I watch tv on dvd. Just as good!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* If they had football games online, I could probably convince Himself we didn't need satellite.

Anonymous said...

baby sister. haha. i realized i did not turn on the tv once today. and i do not use caps either. good observation.

jb said...

Dave is getting rid of our dish and replacing it with some cute rabbit ears. We've talked about this and it is for exactly the same reasons. Although I can't top you on the tv list, I at least have my own, and Dave has his!! And yes we will still be getting football online

Kristan said...

Wow, you have me scared to create my own list - mainly because I know it would probably be longer (and I don't have Jon to help add to it).

And I don't care what you say about my Tivo. Watching TV online just isn't the same.

Lauren F. said...

Kristan- I think that if my tv was larger or of better quality than my computer screen I would feel differently. But alas, it is not. :)

erica said...

Ha! I think you contribute much more than that. :)
I'm afraid I'm an addict too...
Luckily we have tivo because Maddy usually trumps with any evening-tv-watching.

Paige said...

Sorry Lauren, Peter has you beat. He watches TV all day for work and comes home to watch more. Don't feel bad. Also, thank you for supporting Dave and Peter by watching ABC online.

Amanda said...

tivo is a lifesaver, though we're too cheap to upgrade, so we still end up watching one or two things online when 2 shows conflict... who has time to watch anything when it's actually on?

regardless of whether or not chris will admit to it- he's just as involved as i am in ALL of the following shows:
the office
csi (las vegas & miami)
house
lipstick jungle
america's next top model
gossip girl (lately thanks to allison)
john & kate + 8

Amanda said...

ps. the office doesn't currently deserve to be #1 on either of our lists

DC Diva said...

amen to online tv! how do you watch them? I prefer hulu... i've been meaning to blog about it actually. and I LOVE lipstick jungle! the clothes, and esp. the accessories, are to die for!

Allison Stromberg said...

why isn't "Paris Hilton's my new BFF" on your list? that must be a mistake

Carrie Anne said...

lauren, you are hilarious! i wish i could watch more tv...i didn't realize you could watch so much of it online...we don't have a tv right now, but my in laws do, so we get what we can. now i'm going to have to get with it & catch up on some of these shows!
carrie (rahm) rhodes:)

Mary said...

Hey Jon and Lauren, we finally got a blog like you suggested. It's ourmorrowmoments.blogspot.com We expect to be added to your friend list promptly. Cable TV is a rip off, but I pay for it for the few channels that I really love like ESPN and Comedy Central.

Joan said...

Brandon would be TV obsessed if he weren't so busy working two jobs. As for me I HATE tv. Probably b/c it is such a time suck and I know that if I allowed myself any tv time it would take over my life. I would become hugely addicted to multiple shows (like in hs was SO obsessed with Dawson's Creek and 90210--sick, I know)...
Ps: may I have your address, pretty please :)