Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tastes of the Season

I went to the grocery store last night and got really excited about all of the Christmas-themed food out right now. It didn't help that I went hungry (I was on my way home from work). Don;t worry, we didn't buy ALL of this stuff. Yet.

If you need a carbonated beverage that totally screams "I'm jolly", try the Pomegranate 7-Up. It also comes in Diet.

And if pomegranate isn't your thing, cranberry gingerale might be:


Of course, you also have your standard egg nog. This is the kind we bought. I highly recommend it.
And that is just in the beverage aisle. The hostess cupcake/lil debbie aisle is chock full of kringle kakes and all of those others trans-fat loaded snack cakes.

We did check out the chocolate aisle (because it's the same aisle as cereal, what gives?!) and found awesome Russell Stover chocolates that I highly recommend. I'm a dark chocolate gal (the darker the better) so these might not be for everyone.

Ok, so now that these companies totally owe me for free advertising, I'll leave you with one last product that will surely brighten up your day:



I KNOW! So exciting. Jon wouldn't let me buy it, but I'm sure I can sneak it by him at some point.

So, as we all celebrate Thanksgiving, let us not lose sight of the upcoming holiday that brings us the best prepackaged food EVER.

What is your favorite holiday prepackaged food?

10 comments:

Jenn and Mike said...

LOL! Someone must have been hungry! And the pomegranate 7-up is sooo good.

Joan said...

You can email me if you want:
joankoplin@gmail.com--I don't have a facebook account.
Sorry about the maggot post! hahaa.
Oh, and as for holiday food..two words: EGG NOG.

Jenny said...

Lauren, you are hilarious! We are big egg nog fans too. Also, I highly recommend the triple ginger cookies from Trader Joe's!

Sara said...

Oooh, I love dark chocolate and cranberry ginger ale, I've never tried the 7up one.

My favorite holiday foods are cheeseballs. And cranberry ginger ale.

Anonymous said...

Im gonna have to go for some hickory farms sausage cheese and crackers. my fav. and how im craving egg nog. thanks!!!

Allison Stromberg said...

i know they aren't only sold over xmas, but its the only time i can justify eating them... FERRERO ROCHER'S!! yum yum

Aim said...

Reece's peanut butter Xmas trees!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Canada Dry! Can't wait for new years!

Amanda said...

i just bought diet pomegranate 7up and it's delicious!

erica said...

I'm sure the HSM cereal would have been YUM-O! We're loving the pomegranate 7-up right now...we have it at all of our holiday parties. :)