Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rejoice

To my mother: You can now start telling your friends.
To my little sister, Allison: You can now post that picture on Facebook without fear of a hysterical phone call from me.
To my little sister, Morgan: You still can't start making a baby blanket. That's still weird to me.

Yes, Jon and I are having a baby. Right now, it's more of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man the size of a plum, but I'm told it will eventually grow to the size of other fruits, and hopefully even a little human. I'm 12 weeks along and due August 8. I have a long hot summer ahead of me.

25 comments:

Aim said...

Oh my gosh, YEA!!! I loved being pregnant during the summer cause all I wore were skirts, and flip flops. Congratulations!

Me said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you.
-Jane

Harley King said...

Yeaaaahhhh! Congrats. I'm so excited. Now we're never getting together.

I mean, we'll have so much to talk about. Yeaaahhh!

Stephanie R. said...

Congrats you guys!!!!! I agree with your friend above, being pregnant in the summer was fun for me too. Winter pregnancy clothes aren't nearly as cute!

Sie said...

Lauren, congratulations!!! How are you feeling? I was pretty sick at 12 weeks along. Oh my goodness you have to keep us updated, this is such exciting news! I don't even have my baby here yet (she is due the 31st) and I am already SO for procreating! It is an amazing experience. Hooray for Team Funk!

Jenny said...

Hooray! We are so excited for you guys! I can't wait to talk to you! I hope you are feeling well. That ultrasound picture is amazing!

Jenn and Mike said...

No freaking way! So our due date is the same!!!! Congratulations! How are you feeling? I know the first time around can be hard.

MeiLani and Michael said...

Congratulations! That is so great! Yes... they start as a plum but 50 lbs later they will not be. I can't wait to see what size ours comes out as in 2 weeks. Congrats and I hope you are feeling well

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you wont let me make you a baby blanket yet. maybe when its the size of an apple it will be more realistic? haha yayyyyyy IM SO EXCITEEEEEEED!

Amanda said...

:) Finally Ash won't sound quite as crazy when she talks about 'the cousins.' Haha.

Amander said...

Congratulations!!! That's a real baby inside of you. Crazy!

josh said...

Congratulations! Are you still in school? Work, grad school, AND pregnancy - I hope you survive. Of course, Cali has noticed that a bulging stomach makes for a good bookshelf while reading; I'm sure you'll make it work!

(BTW, Cali stumbled upon your blog and fyi'ed me. I've added you to our blogroll.)

Leandra said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you. Maybe we will be in DC by then...

erica said...

Awesome!! Congrats to you both!!! I know you're going to think I'm weird, but the picture of your little, tiny baby is so cute and precious. So happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting, Lauren, we are thrilled for you two! Yay!!! It must be a relief to be able to speak about it publicly now. Congrats!

The Yoder's Five said...

WOW!! That is so EXCITING!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I hope you're feeling well!

alexandra said...

Congratulations, Lauren. The baby looks adorable already!

emilymhjohnson said...

Congratulations Lauren and Jon! I can't wait to meet your little one. Have you been sick at all? I am jealous if you've been healthy. I was up to my ears in vomit at 12 weeks. I'm so excited for you both! August 8 will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Okay I will add to the same, in saying I am so happy for you guys. It is so awesome. Keep us up to date. Love Jess & Doug

Amanda Wilson said...

Yeah!! I can't tell you how excited I am for you. That is soooo great. You are going to be such a beautiful pregnant lady. I love you so much and can't wait to meet little baby Funk.

Haley said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. You should read this...http://haleystwocents.blogspot.com/ :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! We are so excited for you! You are going to be great parents.

Carrie Anne said...

congratulations! that is so exciting! your first pregnancy/birth is so exciting! august is a great month to have a baby!

Mary said...

Congratu-freakin-lations! That's awesome.

DC Diva said...

Whoa -- I'm just catching up on your blog. This is HUGE, GREAT news! Congratulations!!! When can we play and talk all about it?:)