Thursday, February 05, 2009

In case you were wondering:

  • My pants are currently being held up with a rubberband and a safety pin. I finally caved and ordered maternity pants. I need to find one of these.
  • I don't feel sick at all. But I do feel hungry all the time.
  • I still feel kinda weird about announcing my pregnancy on Facebook via a status update. I can't bring myself to do it.
  • Not related but funny: Last night, Jon had a dream that he went to the grocery store with his grandpa in a hot air balloon. I had a dream that my parents adopted 6 kids (after all of her current kids moved out the house), but instead of adopting babies, they were between the ages of 10 -12. I was really mad in my dream that they weren't babies. Who has pregnancy brain? Me or Jon?!

10 comments:

josh said...

Lauren, you have to get a bella band. It is incredible. I can still wear some of my regular pants with this simple invention. Check it out: http://www.bellablumaternity.com/bella-band-ingrid-isabel-p-3010.html. You can buy one at Motherhood Maternity at Tysons. I have a black on and a white one and I highly recommend it. (p.s. this is Cali)

Kristan said...

Lauren please, please don't put up a pregnancy facebook status. :)

Joan said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What fantastic news :) There is something magical about baby number one (not that you won't appreciate/love all your subsequent children). You will experience so many "firsts" with this baby.
I am thrilled for you both.
Parenthood is sincerely God's greatest gift to his children.

Jenn and Mike said...

LOL! I know with my first I couldn't wait... and this time I jumped for comfort over wearing my jeans. I am glad to say that the instant pounds of the past haven't made an appearance yet. As for baby on the brain, when I was pregnant, I kept dreaming of a little girl... and we had boys. So I think we all have weird dreams and it is always good to have both of you with baby on the brain.

Haley said...

Ha Ha! I'm totally with you on the facebook thing. It's so fun to hear about other people going through the same things as I am. I also have crazy dreams pretty much every night, but I can still fit into most of my pants (I just have to unbutton them by the end of the day)!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Pregnancy without morning sickness is the way to do it. The hot air balloon dream is awesome. Tim and I are both amused. This is a very effective way to travel.

Trevor and Alissa said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It is very normal to feel hungry ALL THE TIME! It is also normal to be tired all the time too! I am excited for you guys.

The Maddens said...

i haven't looked at your guy's blog for a long time but it was kind of a weird thing how I found out that you are pregnant. Bethany went down to Utah to scrapbook and she sat right next to jon's sister Jenny. Jenny told bethany and bethany told me. I thought that was pretty cool. so congratulations!! That is great!! I am happy for you both. and Jon has the prego brain for sure. I think he is losing it. You guys better move back more west so he doesn't end up in an institution. The east coast can do that to you. congratulations again and good luck. I don't know if you knew this but we are due at the end of June. Little boy.

DC Diva said...

Bella Band=rocks. Get one. Get a couple. In all your favorite colors.

Amanda said...

prego pictures please!!!