Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pros and Cons

Benefits of Being One of the Last of Your Childhood Friends to Have a Baby:
  • They know what is essential to buy and what is not.
  • Your baby will have lots of older cool friends.

Downfalls of Being One of the Last of Your Childhood Friends to Have a Baby:

  • You hear all of their traumatic birth stories so you now feel terrified. Oh to be naïve!

9 comments:

Sie said...

Sorry Lauren! One good thing is that your actual birth never happens the way you imagine, so if you fear the worst, I'm sure it will be great! Congratulations again! Motherhood is crazy in that it is so exhausting yet rewarding! Love you!

jb said...

I have no traumatic birth stories. I just know I had four little miracles, and it was oh so worth it. However I didn't like the part when I craved cheese!! Make sure you get a big comfy rocking recliner. It's great for those late night feedings!

jb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn and Mike said...

This absolutely made me laugh! I was one of the first... and I will never forget when one of the older ladies I worked with described birth. It scared the HECK out of me. Just be prepared for an epidural... As for other stories, don't worry about me sharing that story! I might share some others later on.

Jenn and Mike said...

PS I didn't have anything major traumatic... I think you realize what is happening... and then it is over and you are happy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lauren! It'll be fine. My 1st was wonderful! I really was excited for the whole birth experience again. It'll all be good, I promise!

Anonymous said...

YES! The traumatic birth stories are the worst. In our circle of friends, I hear the terrible tales and then they ask when Tim and I are planning to have kids. Big surprise it's just us and Ginger :)

Joan said...

Birth is amazing and perfect even with all it's uncertainty. I am saying that after delivering an 11.4 pound baby at home without pain meds!

Kohli said...

You are my first childhood friend to have a baby!