Monday, April 27, 2009

Payback

I had an easy early pregnancy. I never had morning sickness-- just got a little quesy if I didn't eat and that was easily remedied with a few saltines. I had no problem working, going to school, commuting back and forth on the Metro. I made all of those other pregnant women mad that I was having such a breeze. And then summer hit.

And by summer, I mean this crazy 90 degree weather we are having in April. It's April, for Pete's sake! Not July! But the heat came and so did my crazy pregnancy symptoms. I've almost fainted at least once a week-- most notably on the Metro on the way to work and in church. I drink Gatorade and water like it's going out of style and it doesn't seem to do all that much. My newest symptom is my swelling feet and ankles. They are huge (and no, I won't post a picture). I keep them elevated as much as I can, but I can't lounge around ALL day long! AND I STILL HAVE THREE MONTHS LEFT!!!! AND IT WILL ONLY GET HOTTER!!! Seriously people! How do you have more than one baby! My next baby is definately going to be born in the middle of the winter!!!!

Any tips for me?!

5 comments:

DC Diva said...

I'm so sorry! When I found out I was pregnant (in August) and realized I was due in the spring, I quickly learned it was the best way to go! Hopefully the weather will chill out (literally) before it gets worse!

Sie said...

Oh I am so sorry! I was in DC last summer when I was only 4 months along and I didn't think I was going to make it! My best advice is to keep your feet level with your heart as much as possible. I got pregnancy induced hypertension the last month of my pregnancy and this seemed to help-- all I can say is now that I am on the other end of it, it is seriously worth it. Hang in there!

Aim said...

Yes but think of it this way--thank goodness you can wear skirts and flip flops all summer long instead of heavy coats and shoes...summer=less clothing=more comfort for you!

Carrie Anne said...

yeah...i was HUGE with baby #2 who was born in august. my ankles were so swollen & i laid at the pool as much as possible. make sure you're getting enough rest & just keep doing what you're doing...you'll do just great! good luck!:)

Denae said...

I'm feeling you. Having Taj in June sucked! I heard though if you take a bath with Epsom Salt that it helps. I didn't hear about it though until it was too late though. Let me know if you try it.