I need your help. Well, I actually need the help of all of the moms out there. Jon and I are starting our registry tomorrow (And I'm hoping Babies R Us isn't as scary as David's Bridal!!!). I need help figuring out what is essential and what is rubbish. For example, I'm convinced that a wipes warmer and a bottle sterilizer are useless, but how would I know?!
So, what do I HAVE to have with a new baby and what has been a waste of space?
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I could write you a novel on this topic...in fact why don't you leave me your email address in my comments box and I will email you my novel about what you do and do not need for your little boy.
Actually, come to think of it...I may have your email address?!
Either way, just in case. I will be sending you more info than you care to have some time soon :)
Peter and I have found a baby bathtub really helpful and more enjoyable for Andrew than the sink. Also some kind of seat, a bouncer or swing, make your life easier. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.
Um I could write you a novel too. Actually I DID write a novel (practically) on this for my BFF and then my sister. Email me if you're interested (b/c it's probably WAAAAAY more than you're really interested in) and I'll send you my "Ultimate Baby Shopping List."
Don't have high expectations for Babies R Us. BRUs sucks. Stuff is great, selection is unbeatable, staff/policies are TERRIBLE.
anyone who want to email me their novels can do so at laurenafunk (at) gmail (dot) com
I e-mailed you mine. :)
In short - anything using the word "warmer" is totally unnecssary and a complete waste of money.
No. Clue.
cute clothes is essential.
thats my input.
the most essential thing is a blown up picture of aunt allison right next to his crib
my best friend made me swear to never let anyone buy a diaper genie... and i know she has a novel as well (just in case the several you've already been sent leave you still wanting more!)
Ooo yes. A good diaper pail (I like the Diaper Champ because you can use regular 13 gallon trash bags), a can of Oust to spray in said diaper pail when you're changing the stinky bag, a Boppy pillow for feeding (nursing or bottle feeding--and then it's handy for other stuff too), a glider or rocker in the nursery, a dim lamp for midnight feedings, Lasinoh ointment if you're nursing, infant Tylenol and lots of Oxi Clean to soak poopy/puked on clothes!
A gigantic stroller isn't necessary. There are lightweight ones that you can still snap your baby car seat into.
oh this is too funny! you have limited space, right? i'd wait to buy most things to figure out what really works for you. by #3 & all of our moves across the country what i found to be necessary were:
Baby Bjorn, Lansinoh, Boppy for nursing in the beginning, a stoller you REALLY like and LOTS of chocolate or diet coke...whatever gets you through those tiring days.:)
i went thru 3 diaper genies- totally worthless. nothing's easier than a trashcan and a bottle of lysol. oh, and there's a great scented baby powder candle for the baby's room.
Post a Comment