Thursday, May 28, 2009

Conflicted

I have such conflicted feelings about the "coolness" of being pregnant right now.

On one hand:
  • My feet and ankles have taken on a life of their own and are often compared to elephant or hobbit feet.
  • I spend half of my time at work with one fist behind my back to ease some of the pain I am feeling. Doesn't work well with typing though.
  • I am seeing stretch marks in places I really didn't want to get them.

But on the other hand, feeling my baby squirm under my skin is an amazing feeling. That one factor probably negates all of the negatives, but man, anyone who ever said that they loved being pregnant needs to talk with me!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one in the "the end result is worth it, but I'm not loving the process" camp.

And I agree ... feeling the little one move inside you is the coolest thing ever. It negates the granny socks, swollen hands, face, feet, weight gain, stretch marks, no sleep and pain.

You'll miss it (the movement, not being pregnant) a little when the baby arrives.

Amander said...

Hm, I thought all women LOVED being pregnant! But that does seem pretty cool to feel the little baby squirm!

Amanda Wilson said...

Feeling a baby move inside you is the best feeling! Oh and my mom LOVED being pregnant. Talk to her about it...it is pretty funny actually. I am going to be in STL for a week or two. I think you should come visit.

The Yoder's Five said...

Yay! I'm not the only one who thinks feeling the baby kick is the only good part of being pregnant(that an excuse to go shopping for cute baby stuff). My baby is kicking and it helps me keep my mind off the heartburn, the faintness and the hormones that are making my skin break out all over. Ah, the joys!