Friday, June 19, 2009

What Not to Say to a Pregnant Lady

Trust me. . . I know from experience.
  • Are you sure you are only having one?
  • You are HUGE.
  • Are you having 5? (from a girl from church)
  • You still have how many weeks to go?
  • August? It will get SO HOT.

I know being hot pregnant isn't fun. I haven't seen my ankles in months so I am well aware of the issue. And I know I am big. That is what happens when you have a baby. You get big-- and you keep getting bigger until the end. So please, you don't need to remind me of how big I am, or how hot it will get, or how much more miserable I will be as time goes by. You may however tell me how cute I look, or how you can't even notice that I don't have ankles, or how I am "just baby".

I appreciate those types of comments/lies.

10 comments:

Leandra said...

In all seriousness, you looked just right to me. Maybe we should publish that list somewhere so that all can see...

Can't wait for that darling baby to come out!!!

Kristan said...

You do look fabulous . . . and that's not a lie!

Anonymous said...

I want a PICTURE of you!!!!!! please!!!!!!! Cant wait to meet that little peanut!

Amander said...

I haven't seen you, but I can only imagine you make a DARLING pregnant lady!

(And also, what is wrong with people who say that stuff to you???)

Carrie Merino said...

Pregnant women always forget just how beautiful pregnant women are. You don't remember until after your baby is about 1 year old. So, try to remember . . .you are absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

I would like to add that, surprisingly, I did not make any of these comments.

The Yoder's Five said...

What's really annoying is the 15 comments you'll be getting a day from well-meaning people in about a month from now: "Haven't you had that baby yet?" Obviously NOT, but thanks for reminding me...

Well, I have to compliment you for continuing to go to work every day, moving to a new apt. and soldiering on despite your discomfort. You are a super-woman.

Sie said...

I thought DC was the home of being politically correct? I hope none of these comments came from other moms!
Though I haven't seen a picture of you and "the little peanut", you have always been beautiful and I'm sure pregnancy is no exception!

Best to you, Jon and the little Funk!

Sierra

Amanda Wilson said...

I am sure you look beautiful. I would love to see some beautiful pictures of you! I can't wait to see this darling little baby you are going to have!

Joan said...

Yes, I think a picture is in order so we can all see you in your glory :)
Being pregnant is not easy during the last months. You are beyond the "cute little baby bump" stage and have graduated to carrying around a full sized baby. I gained fifty lbs. with Max so I understand exactly how it feels :)
Hang in there. Once you meet your baby it will all be worth it.
Ps: the thought of your poor back while sitting all day in a miserable office chair makes me sad. That is not easy.