Jon is a fabulous father. On the weekends he takes just about every feeding and diaper change so he can spend a little more time with Ryan and I can get a little more rest.
But on weeknights, feedings and diaper changes go to whoever feels a little more awake when Ryan wakes up. I am a lighter sleeper than Jon and sleep closer to Ryan so I usually wake up first to whimperings that will eventually turn into loud cries if we wait too long.
Sometimes Jon jumps out of bed ("jumps" might be too active a verb. . .) and takes Ryan before I can think about moving. But sometimes, Jon stays asleep and has full conversations with me about our course of action.
Last night:
Lauren: So what do you want to do?
Jon: I think I will just weather the storm.
WHAT? When Jon finally woke up and stumbled into the living room to ask if I needed help, he had no recollection of that conversation. Good thing, because if he really meant to say that to me he would have gotten the evil eye.
He also sometimes wakes up and thinks that Ryan is in our bed (which he is not) or that I have already diapered and fed him when in fact I am still waiting for an answer from Jon.
Do you talk in your sleep?
8 comments:
Ha ha, that's so funny what Jon said. When Justin was a newborn I also used to wake up all the time having nightmares that he was lost somewhere in the bed. I hope you guys are getting some rest! :)
"i think i will just weather the storm"
i love it.
i'm pretty sure that one day chris will try to use that line... except he'll be completely awake :)
HA~~ Mark talks in his sleep sometimes. And now he has to take after hour calls from parents one week a month. Poor guy has to pull it together at 2am to try to give sound medical advice. Glad diapering and feeding doesn't take much cognitive effort.
That is pretty funny. I don't think Jonathan and I talk in our sleep, but I remember when Savannah was little like Ryan and we were so sleep deprived that we both said things in the middle of the night that made no sense. Ryan is absolutely adorable. I can't believe he is already a month old. I need to meet this little man.
Love this blog post and the pics you have been posting. Toby and I have had conversations in the middle of the night and I will not remember then at all! It is amusing. Good to see you are both doing well. Hope to hear from you soon.
Is Jon about to breastfeed him in this picture?
Committed father indeed.
Just taking one for Team Funk Harley.
Ashley talks in her sleep every night about nonsense. I think she's doing Asian songs like mom does. And she sleepwalks. Sometimes right out the front door!
Post a Comment