Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Book Club Suggestions

I am part of a book club at church and it's the time of year to create our reading list for the year. We all submit 2-3 suggestions and then vote on our picks. Has anyone read any good books lately that would be good for a book club? We go for both fiction and non-fiction.

Thanks!

9 comments:

Kristan said...

A few I've enjoyed recently:
Three Weeks with My Brother
The History of Love: A Novel
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
The Bell Jar
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Outliers

Not that I have a ton of time with school now, but I'd love to hear what ends up making your book club list!

Amanda said...

You can't go wrong with the classics, these are my favorites:
Mere Christianity
Screwtape Letters
A Farewell to Arms
Atlas Shrugged

Anonymous said...

Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie society.

Chris said...

I'm reading a great book right now. It's called "Tort Law and Alternatives: Cases and Materials".

Carrie Anne said...

A Thousand Splendid Suns
These Is My Words
Daddy Long Legs (quick & easy)
Twilight Series--NOT! I'm totally joking about that one...I couldn't resist throwing that in there!:)I just heard on the radio that Three Cups of Tea is really good. You probably already knew about all of these. Post your list once you decide...I always need new suggestions!:)

Carrie Anne said...

hey! i just realized we have some Funks in our ward..we're in Alpine, UT...any relation?

Jen said...

Don't take any suggestions from Allison! The last two books she recommended I read were about prostitution and drug use, with more cursing than my little sister should be reading!

Denae said...

Our book club really liked "The Hunger Games". Highly recommend it.

DC Diva said...

Just read The Book Thief for a book club w/ my best friends.

LOVEd it.