Monday, March 08, 2010

The Beginning of The End

We're moving. Did you know that? Well, you should have, because we have known for over two years now. It's just part of Jon's job, yada yada, and we are moving to Houston, Texas (yikes). And even though we have lived in DC for almost 6 years and have known we are moving for 2 of those years, we feel a sudden time crunch to see everything in DC and beyond that we want to see before we move mid-June.

So I did what every obsessive-compulsive planner would do. . . I mapped out our next three months. And I am very satisfied to say that barring any last-minute emergencies or exhaustion from the pace of the schedule, we will leave DC with a healthy sense of appreciation for our nation's capitol and her (his?) cultural, historical and gastronomical offerings.


*Ryan is really into planning too.*

So, folks, what do you do when you are nearing the end of your stay in a particular place you have called home? Did you meticulously plan your remaining days, or did you go on with life as usual?

6 comments:

Kristan said...

Me a planner? Never. :) I can't believe the move is 3 months away. I have to get to DC quickly!

And strangely, I'm not planning my last few months in Provo like I did with NYC :)

DC Diva said...

WE didn't know you're moving. What???

Amanda said...

We attempted to plan our last few months in Provo... but obviously there's quite a bit more to see in DC!
We did get to the Sundance Film Festival our last winter there & finally ate at J-dogs... but we never got around to floating the river or hiking Timp. Oh well.
What's on the schedule the weekend we're in town?!

Chris said...

Why are Mom and Allison on the schedule but we aren't? Is there something I should know?

The Yoder's Five said...

Well, if I were moving from Cedar City, there would only be about two places I'd feel inclined to visit for one last time. You're lucky you live in such an interesting place! Hopefully Ryan will absorb come cultural awareness while you're out sightseeing.

Carrie Anne said...

when we left cleveland we did ALL WE COULD! and i still feel like we could've done more! i think it's awesome you are planning & cramming in what you can...DC is such a great place! i'm sure you'll miss it so much. good luck!