Friday, March 05, 2010

Best Part of My Day

Yes, I know. I've been horrifically bad at blogging recently. I have tons of excuses, most of which involve a cute little boy. And really, when you wake up from a nap next to this:how could you want to do anything else but kiss his sweet face all day?!

Ryan and I take a nap in the morning. When he wakes up in the morning, around 7:30, he is up for about 2 hours and then zonks out on my bed. I take that opportunity to zonk out as well. I usually wake up from his little hands touching/scratching my face (note: the kid hates nail clippers, but love the nail file). I really look forward to this part of my day because of the extra sleep and my little boy.

In other news: He is now 7 months.

For Ryan, 7 months means (we think) he is cutting his first tooth, he should be rolling but isn't and he can graduate to stage 2 foods if we feel so compelled (we don't). It also means that we feel a little better about him wearing 12 month clothes, since he has been wearing them for the past 2 months (although he wearing 3 month Nordstrom onesies. weird)

For Ryan's mother, 7 months means 7 months past the excuse of being pregnant to cover up for the extra flab, the increasing sense of failure (in the most optimistic way) for having a child that doesn't roll, scoot or crawl, and the exponentially growing desire for Spring to come so we can get out of the house without dealing with snow that has yet to melt and 20 extra layers on my child to the point that he sweats in his car seat.

All in all, I think March is going to be a good month for our little family. Warmer temperatures, a visit from my mother, sister, brother and sister-in-law, a few steps closer to finishing my thesis, and maybe, just maybe, Ryan will get up the courage to roll.

But if not, I am perfectly content with his formula-laced breath (is it weird that I LOVE it?!) as he is perfectly content sitting on my lap while laughing at neck kisses and the Elmo song.

P.S.-- I am thinking of taking some Jazzercise classes by my house. Has anybody done this (yes, you Kristan)? Will I be the only person under 50?

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love those chubby rolls! He is so cute. Don't worry about the rolling stuff--it took Justin a long time too. He'll get there!

The Yoder's Five said...

7 months! Holy cow, that went by fast. Luke almost never has tummy time (always being held) so the whole rolling over thing didn't even occur to me. Then Mark put him on his belly the other day and he flipped right over. Smart kid.

Anyway, good luck with teething--that is no picnic! Get lots of ibuprofen (for both of you) and orajel!

DC Diva said...

He really is SO cute. Let's play date soon, yes?

Amander said...

Wow, that Is one cute kid. And I want to do jazzercise too!

Kristan said...

He is so big! And just as adorable as ever.

Ah Jazzercise :) No, you will not be the only person under 50. And yes, I think you should do it if: 1) you like to dance
and
2) you like old school aerobics type classes.
I don't mind #2, but I'm horrible at #1 - which is why I didn't love it. My Mom also says the dynamics really changes location to location and instructor to instructor - since they are franchises. Try it out. I think it's a great idea and cheaper than a gym membership!

Carrie Merino said...

Dallin didn't lift his head at 4 months; he didn't sit up at 6 months; he didn't crawl at 9 months; he didn't talk or walk at 12 months; and he didn't really talk until 2 years. He's fine. So is Ryan. It just means that he is more mellow than the kids that crawl at 6 months (Sadie) That's a good thing.

He is looking super cute -- I'm sure you are too.

Carrie Anne said...

i love the honestly b/c IT'S SO TRUE! i sleep when i can, too. and now that my baby is almost 2 i'm trying to get all the weight off. he'll roll over...& crawl...& WALK! then your life is over, so yes, cherish these moments when he's so cuddly & STILL...meaning not running away from you into the street.:)