Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Three Facts and a Lie

Fact: No matter how hot it is where you are, it is always hotter somewhere else.

The first week we were in Houston, I constantly complained of the heat and humidity. Normally 90+ degrees is really really hot. But when you hear that where you moved from, D.C., is pushing/exceeding 100 degrees, you really have to stop complaining.


Fact: Babies scooting on their bum is infinitely cuter than crawling.

Ryan has started bum scooting. It's adorable, and he is quite proficient at it. No crawling yet, but I've decided we are going to skip that and go straight to walking.

Fact: Cheap internet is exactly that.

When cheap = slow, things can get really ugly. I feel like I am back on dial-up internet. It's kinda unbearable now. But we are trying to be thrifty to save our pennies for our house that we will soon buy once we pick it out and go through that whole process. I give us one more week before we give in and upgrade.

Lie: Ryan's first year passed way too slowly.

Total and complete lie! I can't believe my little baby boy turns one in one week. It's so cliche, but where did all that time go? Wasn't I just barely pregnant? I don't have a baby anymore, I have a toddler (granted, he's not exactly "toddeling" now). Time sure does fly when you are completely engrossed in raising the cutest little boy in Texas.

And for good measure, here's a glimpse of our whirlwind little boy:


5 comments:

Kristan said...

I can't believe he's almost 1! I need to get to TX and visit soon!

Allison Stromberg said...

i love himmmmmm!!!!! i cant wait to see him next week!

DC Diva said...

Come back! It's not THAT hot...... LIE!

The Yoder's Five said...

Ryan is a DOLL! That's cute about the bum scooting. Luke army crawled for a month and a half and is now a super fast crawler who wants to walk. Ugh. Not ready for that.

Mmm! Don't you love muggy weather?!? We get well over 100 degrees all summer in southern Utah, but if it's even 30% humidity, I feel like I'm going to die.

PS. Get high speed!! Stop the suffering!!

Amander said...

Yikes, I can't believe DC is that hot!

And I'm kind of surprised Houston isn't hotter - that's like Salt Lake weather!