We had a great time- it was nice for Jon to see his friends from high school and I got to hang out with them as well! Some of them I already knew, and some I was meeting for the first time. To the right is us at the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island. This is actually in the middle of a corn maze. Corn mazes are way under (or over?) rated.This is Jon with two of his friends, Greg and Josh. I think Jon really likes this picture because it makes him feel like he has bodyguards. . . if anything, it makes him look like he is way underfed.
At the very beginning of our trip to Portland, we found out that my Grandpa Stromberg had passed away. It wasn't totally unexpected in the sense that he had been sick for a few years, but I don't think of us saw it coming so soon. It's ok- he's with his wife, Maxine now, who died 10
years ago, and isn't sick anymore. We weren't able to go to St. Louis for the funeral service, but the whole family gathered in Utah this past weekend for a viewing and the burial. It was actually really nice.
On Friday night everyone in town met up for dinner. My parents, Jennifer and Ashley weren't in town yet, but the rest of us had a fun time catching up. We don't all get together as much as we should, and it's fun to see how our "little" family has grown with Chris and Carter both married in the past year.
Saturday was hard- the viewing and the burial. And weird- it snowed. But again, it's sad that things like this get everyone together, but it was nice to not only be with my immediate family, but also with my Grandpa's brothers and their families. We caught up with people we haven't seen in a long long time. And, once again, family picture.

Saturday was hard- the viewing and the burial. And weird- it snowed. But again, it's sad that things like this get everyone together, but it was nice to not only be with my immediate family, but also with my Grandpa's brothers and their families. We caught up with people we haven't seen in a long long time. And, once again, family picture.
Anyway, that was our eventful trip(s). I really hate airplane and airports right now. . . but I love my family and I am glad we were able to spend time with them- and Jon's family as well because they let us stay with them in Utah.
This is shout out to all the Strombergs out there- stop bugging me to update our blog. :) I'll update when I am good and ready! (just kidding- it's just that I have been in the stupid airport for like the past two weeks!)

2 comments:
i need you to email me pictures!!! i love the pic of jon and his friends... he looks very small, but very important :) haha. it was really great to see you guys this weekend! hopefully one day we'll live closer to each other and will be able to see each other more often!
what an attractive family. tell the guys in ur ward im single oh wait!!! ive already dated them all... awkward!!!
haha but i do miss u. just move to utah?! okay!? deal!
Post a Comment