It wasn't long after Jon and I got married that we started making family rules. Not life-changing, morality-implying rules, just good ol' fashioned, cross-stitch on a pillow, rules. I think it began when we almost died driving through Wyoming on the way back to Utah from our wedding and honeymoon. January in Wyoming = snow. The roads were snow-packed, we spun and ended up in the snowy median, still upright and miracuously ok. So our very first family rule was born:
1- Don't drive through Wyoming in the winter. And under no circumstances live in Wyoming.
Never. Ever. And we also amended that to say that if our kids go to school west of Wyoming, they will be flying back and forth to school during the winter. Because why would you even do that?!
Strangly, we have made up other family rules since then, but when we sat down to write this post, couldn't remember any others except:
2- Don't kick rocks.
Just don't. That's all.
3- Do not forget the family rules. They are truly words of wisdom.
Watch this space for future Funk family rules. We have them, we just can't remember them.

5 comments:
your brilliant. have i ever told u that? and sorry i was at the gym when u called and then went to work.ill call u tomorrow night. loves
I love the new blog layout and that you are posting more. Sounds like everything is going well!
Family rules are good. I really like yours. I think I am going to steel your idea and your rules and put them on a pillow just like you said. Beautiful! Oh, I can see it now.
love the new site. very chic.
I think blogging should be a family rule.... JUST KIDDING. I'm not THAT crazy about blogging....
I love the new layout!! You beat me to it... I'm trying to find one I am satisfied with but it is not working out so well....
We miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment