Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Jon Made a Funny

Jon sometimes gets bored at work. When his boss is out of town, which he is often, Jon finds himself doing a lot of online trainings and reads a lot of tax code. It sounds pretty boring to me. A month or so ago, Jon said something as we were leaving our apartment in the morning that cracked me up. I think it is actually the funniest thing he has ever said to me.

To set the story: We had just eaten breakfast, brushed our teeth and were getting ready to leave for work. Somewhere in the course the morning, Jon mentioned to me that he had to go to the bathroom. As we put our coats on to leave the house, I asked him if he was planning on going before we left. His response:

"No, I am going to wait until I get to work. It will give me something to do."

7 comments:

Jen said...

ok jon, when my boss is out of town, I dont work- tax codes? trainings? whats up with that? working at a plastic surgeons office, we always come up with real fun things to do when the boss is out.

love ya guys!

see ya soon- jen

Carrie Merino said...

That is so Jon!

Eggy said...

first, welcome to the world of blogging. Good to have you guys. That is funny. I think you have to know Jon to really understand how funny that is. I can think of some other funny things Jon said when we were roommies, but I don't think he wants me to repeat them online. Trust me, though, it was really funny. (you know what I am talking about, Jon).

Unknown said...

For the record, the bathrooms at work are really nice.:)

Anonymous said...

hmmm... Lauren you guys may need to get a little more excitement. Ben tells me that same thing EVERY morning. Not funny anymore.

Amanda said...

what? going to the bathroom is more exciting than tax codes? i never would have guessed... i think 'quicken' is the closest i'll ever get to accounting...

Harley King said...

I like to use the bathrooms at work because supplies are free.

Does that make me cheap?

At least it gives me something to do.