
Today is an interesting day at work. It's the anniversary of the start of the war in Iraq and being in D.C., this means lots of protests. Not quite at the same level as that great scene in Forrest Gump (the one with Jennie running through the reflecting pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial), but a protest is a protest. My office happens to be across the street from the American Petroleum Institute and had protesters in front of it. It was kinda pathetic and comical though. There weren't that many, and there were at least 3 different groups there. Some were protesting just the war, some w

ere protesting in favor of wind power (because it's not oil) and some were protesting global warming. I don't know if you can see in this picture, but a bunch of them sat in a circle in the middle of the street. And they had a band... or at least a tuba.
Oh, and thanks to my coordinator for following orders when I asked him to go take pictures but to not get arrested.
8 comments:
The people sitting in the circle in the middle of the street are my heroes. I have always wanted to be a part of a protest. Oh, and props to the lone tuba player.
Where's the tuba? I can't find it. But I do remember reading somewhere that no act of civil disobedience is complete without a tuba.
The tuba player is to the right by the UPS truck. He is in green with the rest of his "band".
That's so exciting! What a fun day at work. I saw it all on the CNN & it looked pretty crazy.
p.s. I want a coordinator to take pictures for me.
don't forget the guy in the second picture, drumming away on a water jug.
you have a coordinator that you can just send to do things? what a cush job.
im with chris on the coordinator comment..... i want a coordinator!!
umm... that seems like a dangerous place to play duck-duck-goose.
I've always wanted to protest for PETA and walk around naked. They did that on Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency and it looked really fun
Post a Comment