Sunday, March 23, 2008

Strange Friday




This has been a weird week at work. On Friday, we had an All Employee Meeting off site and as we were walking to it, we saw Purim parade. Purim, according to Wikipedia is a Jewish holiday commemorating the deliverence of the Jewish people of the ancient Persian Empire from Haman's plot to annihilate them. So, I guess they dress up in costumes because Esther hid her origins from the King. I don't know how Batman and Hillary Clinton costumes play into that, but it was a very eclectic group of costumes. These pictures don't explain it very well. There was also a truck at the back of the 30 or so paraders with big speakers blasting Israeli music. Good times on K Street.




1 comment:

Carter said...

Well of course someone would dress up like Hillary. Didn't you know that she was the one who delivered the Jews from the Persians? At least I think she said that once.