Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Perfect Saturday

Have you ever had one of those days where you cross off everything on your list? Ya, me neither. But yesterday was a pretty good Saturday. It was the perfect combination of exercise, housework & errands and recreation.

It was perfect weather -- which right now means it wasn't raining. We ended up at the National Arboretum. We have never been to the arboretum, and it's actually no surprise since this place is on the other side of DC and requires driving through the city and some rougher parts of town.

My favorite part was the columns that used to be part of the Capitol building. They took them down at some point for whatever reason, and so now they are the arboretum.

Here is Jon's review of the arboretum: "I don't know all of the Latin names, and I don't speak Latin. So it might not have been as cool for me than someone with a botany background. But it was cool to walk around and see the [pretty] gardens."

Hope everyone else had a perfect Saturday -- or at least came close!

5 comments:

Joan said...

I know, right? Could you DIE about Edward's smile in that last clip?!?! I don't blame Bella for wanting to be a vampire so she can spend her blood sucking eternity with HIM! haha.
ps--super cute vintage shirt...the buttons and sleeves are my favorite. I'm glad you guys had such a fulfilling Saturday.

Joan said...

Ah, yes. I knew I had consistently good taste: BR. What would we do without it.
Oh, and for the record: who on earth would seriously choose a werewolf OVER a vampire. C'mon! Not a difficult choice! I'm so glad you concur :)

Chris said...

first things first- what on earth are those first two comments referring to?

secondly- what's holding up the capital building right now, if they took down the columns?

Unknown said...

Chris-

1. Some 'chick' trilogy about vampires and werewolves and of course romance. I know that's a strange combination, but apparently it is ideal for keeping someone's attention through 500-600 pages.
2. Since they removed the columns, the weight of the capitol building is being structurally supported by Congress's oversized craniums (waka waka waka). You set me up perfectly for that response.

Harley King said...

I love the arboretum. It's the perfect place to take guests