We have had a few random moments these past few weeks. Our flight home from Telluride was an adventure. We flew from Montrose (1.5 hour drive from Telluride) to Denver on a 30 person prop plane. About halfway through, the plane hit an "unexpected air pocket" and dropped about 50 feet. The flight attendant had just served me my drink and the people in the row in front of us. (we were in the 2nd row). When the plane dropped, our drinks flew up. Or I guess they stayed where they were and we dropped down. I ended up with soda all over me. Soda was dripping off the ceiling. A light even broke and there was glass in the aisle. It was funny afterwards thinking about everyone's soda in the air, but at the time it was a little frightening. I wish I had taken a picture. . .
Second random moment. We went to the Ben Folds concert at Wolftrap last wednesday night.
And last random moment. We went to the Nationals/Cardinals game last night (I've converted -- Go Nats!). A moth landed on Jon's back at one point and it was a fat moth. Seriously, it had a fat body. And it wouldn't move. The guy behind us flicked it and instead of it flying away like a normal, more fit, moth, it just plopped onto Jon's butt. I flicked it away, hoping it would get the point and vamoose. Nope, it plopped onto the girl next to us who proceeded to completely flip out. She hadn't seen what was going on with the moth on Jon and she didn't see me accidentally flip it on her. The guys behind us didn't help by making comments about how it was so random that the moth landed on her. Anyway, I have bad luck at ballgames. I spilled water on some guy a few years ago.
Ok, those are our random moments in the past few weeks. Do with that as you please!

4 comments:
The moth story is hilarious!!
Whoa, the plane dropped?! FREAKY! I would have screamed like a little girl. I'm glad you kept your cool :)
Sorry about the drink though...was it diet at least (not sticky).
I am totally going to look up Julie Nunes out of pure curiosity...although, it sounds like you weren't a big fan of hers.
Ps...random posts are good for the soul every now and again. OH...and good luck with your class. I love reading and writing (English nerd).
first of all, i really appreciate the discription of the plane/soda incident- correct physics and all :)
also, what the heck is with having to sit through aweful, untalented people prior to listening to the real act? chris and i once got trapped listening to 4 hours of crappy music at this music 'festival' thing... we were waiting to see the format, toad the wet sprocket, and colbie caillat & had to stay or else they wouldn't let us back in. gay.
I'm really excited you got to go to a Ben Folds concert. He's awesome.
Post a Comment