Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vampires Suck

You know everyone has to have an obligatory Twilight post prior to the release of the new Stephanie Meyer book. Instead of listing the pros and cons of having a vampire lover, I'll just recount a conversation I had with Jon this morning, after we went through the reasons to like Edward more than Jacob.

Jon: You should write a book so you could just stay home and make money off of the royalties.

Me: Ya, but what would I write a book about? Stephanie Meyer said the idea for her book came from a dream.

Jon: I'm trying to remember what I dreamt about last night.

Me: Ya, what would you write about?

Jon: I don't know, tax code or something.

Me: Riveting.

I guess the Funks will just leave it to geniuses like Meyer to write books. I ordered the first three in the series so I could reread them before the new one comes out on Saturday. So excited.
Bonus Points: Who can think of a thesis topic (for my Masters in Comms thesis) that uses these books?

5 comments:

Paige said...

I don't have a specific thesis statement for you, but there's a lot of interesting ways to communicate in the book. Examples: Edward hearing thoughts, the werewolves connection. I don't know how you could work that into an academic paper, but I'll play with it.

Leandra said...

Clever, Clever title.

Are you going to go to the bookstore at Midnight? I know they have many parties around here... maybe I'll bring Carter. Mwahahahah.

Amanda said...

i'm beginning to think that i might be the only girl that hasn't read these books yet...

Anonymous said...

im with you amanda, i read half of the first one and got too busy. I already forget what happened so ide have to start all over again. I might consider it.

Joan said...

"Tax code or something!?" I am laughing out loud. Can you imagine?! I don't think his fans would be Mormon women, do you?! haha.