Friday, August 08, 2008

26 Going on 14

What is wrong with me? I re-read 1,760 pages of pure Twilight goodness in the past week just so I could be prepared to read the new book—Breaking Dawn. I waited for the apartment office to deliver the package to my apartment until today so I would not be tempted. Good thing I took off work yesterday so I could do homework so I would be free to read young adult fiction all weekend.

I also like: High School Musical, Hilary Duff, Legally Blonde: The Musical, chick flicks galore. I might have even taken a trip up to Salt Lake when I was a junior in college to see the Lizzie McGuire movie—and I own the movie and the soundtrack.

I don’t like: Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers.

Did I never grow up? Am I a 14 year old bubble gum pop princess in a 26 year old’s body? Does that make me immature or just naïve? Or am I just so much better for keeping the youthful side of me intact, even if it is just because teeney-bopper entertainment is just so much more entertaining to me?

2 comments:

Kristan said...

I feel like I wrote this :)

I also like: HSM, Hilary Duff and chick flicks galore. I may have been the reason we went to SLC to see the Lizzie McGuire movie -- and then turn around and go back to the 24hr Walmart to get the soundtrack.

Oh, and this summer my sisters have converted me to Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers and Metro Station (Miley's older brother).

If you have issues, I CLEARLY do too.

Joan said...

Nothing is wrong with you (well, as far as I know, anyway) haha. You are among hundreds of thousands--millions, perhaps...re-reading the Twilight series in order to enjoy "Breaking Dawn" to the fullest. I finished it a few days ago and wish I would have re-read the series again first (well, at least had a good re-cap from an essay or article or something).
Can you believe how well SM tied everything together in BD? I was pleased with the final book and its conclusion. Hope you were too :) I am assuming you have finished it by now? Maybe I shouldn't ASS-U-ME?!