This was supposed to be a Happy Birthday post for Jon (Happy Birthday!), but it has morphed into something a little different. . .
So, Jon and I met this afternoon for lunch. We work 3 blocks from each other so we meet for lunch about once a week. On his way to meet me he was stopped by a guy who was standing with a girl that looked about 14. ("Hey, Hey!," he called). Jon stopped. The guy said, "My friend here is in town from Chicago and thinks you are really cute. She's shy." Jon notices that this girl is not even looking at him. Jon said, "Um, I'm flattered, but I'm married and meeting my wife for lunch." Pimp: "Oh, you serious?" Jon: "Yup".
So, we are pretty sure that Jon was just solicited by a pimp right in downtown DC. It kinda makes you feel a little weird doesn't it!?
Friday, October 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You forgot the best part. The guy told me that the girl thought that I am "pretty fly for a white guy." I had to smile and think to myself, "Those classic Offspring lyrics never get old."
Nice going Jon. I had a weird Costco sample lady tell me I had beautiful eyes a few weeks ago. That's pretty far up there on the awkward scale too.
jon, i seriously would have given anything to see your face during that exchange!
Best story I've heard all week.
I just keep thinking about that poor, lost 14 year old girl. SO unbearably sad. Where is her mother?
The sad truth is she is probably working the next street up.
Wow, now that's a birthday you'll never forget. Oh to have those kind of memories!!
Post a Comment