Friday, October 10, 2008

Plants Have Feelings Too?


I'm all for being nice to the enivornment, especially animals. I even went vegetarian for about a year before a juicy hamburger from Fuddruckers called me back. But I think the Swiss are a little excessive. This article in the Wall Street Journal discusses how Swiss geneticists must conduct their research without "trampling on a plant's dignity." Are the Swiss really crazy or do they actually have point?

Discuss.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

WHAT?!
I think this is a case of crazy people being given too much power. Hopefully someone sane (with a little bit more power) will step in and do away with this before it gets too messy.
What is even more baffling to me is that these are not only crazy people, but crazy educated people. Anyone who has taken a basic biology class knows plants are missing a fundamental part of the whole able-to-feel anatomy- a brain!

Carter said...

After I read this article, I went outside and plucked a poor, defenseless flower, and dropped in in the road, all to spite the Swiss. They think because they make good watches they know everything. When they learn how to much cheese without holes in it, then I'll listen.

Amander said...

Um, seriously? A plant's dignity?

What do they think of cotton that is used to make a hooker's outfit? Talk about a lack of dignity.

Excellent topic.